‘Advanced’ PACS display launched by Bender
Bender has launched a new, ‘premium’ PACS Console for use in operating theatres and critical care areas, which it says ‘employs proven display technology to deliver superior quality images to clinicians viewing scans, images, and hospital records’.
Complementing turnkey and integrated theatre solutions already supplied by Bender UK throughout the UK and Ireland, the new display ‘fits seamlessly’ into walls and infrastructure alongside Bender CP9 touchscreen theatre control panels, ensuring a consistent look and feel within the operating theatre.
The flush fit glass displays are available in 21-55 inch sizes, with 4K resolution in 27, 32, 43, 49, and 55 inch-sized sized monitors. All consoles can be configured as single or dual systems, which can be linked to slave displays.
Key attributes include:
- 6 mm-thick anti-reflective, anti-glare, and anti-fingerprint glass screen, with ‘dust-free cleaning’, and an IP65 rating.
- Separate backbox incorporating PC technology with fan-less cooling – reducing the turbulence of potentially harmful bacteria in the theatre. Low voltage boards reportedly consume less power and emit less heat.
- Consoles can be pre-set for DICOM, and connect seamlessly with Merivaara operating lights and a variety of medical imaging input devices and systems.
- Customised options include RFID readers barcode scanners, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Comply with EM60601 and relevant healthcare OR display standards.
The modular design of the new PACS Console means any maintenance updates can be carried out away from the front panel, without compromising theatre availability or hygiene.
Ricky Barker, head of Healthcare at Bender UK, said: “Our initial customers have been delighted with the performance of these new displays. Investment in HD and 4K monitors means clinical staff are presented with the sharpest quality images possible. Choosing a premium PACS console, combined with a quality installation, are the main steps to delivering optimal image quality to the end-users where it matters most.
“The separate back-box and front fascia is a relatively new concept for Bender theatre technology, which our end-users appreciate. The two-part installation delivers extra benefits for the hospital as it is more flexible to maintain and limits the amount of theatre access required.”
Bender UK offers ‘expert guidance and technical support’ to define and select a suitable configuration of PACS Console and complementary CP9 theatre control panel.
Brandon Medical - Brilliant by Design
Brandon Medical is a UK manufacturer and designer of world-leading technology for operating theatres, critical care areas and primary care institutions. For over 70 years, Brandon Medical has provided healthcare professionals with reliable, high-quality and affordable medical equipment...