DDC Dolphin says that its new Panamatic Midi bedpan washer-disinfector is ‘even more energy-efficient’, using 20% less energy per cycle than the previous version.
It also has ‘even more antimicrobial protection’, with the protected touch area 2.5 times larger than on the previous model. The company explained: “Polygiene antimicrobial protection is moulded into the updated lid and front panel. This silver ion antimicrobial powder reduces the growth of Campylobacter, E.coli, Listeria, MRSA, Pseudomonas, and Salmonella, by up to 99.99%. It is tested to ISO 22196:2011.”
Other improvements to the new Panamatic Midi include:
• 25% more capacity – enabling it to accommodate two pans and two bottles.
• a new ultrasonic foot sensor for lid opening – replacing the old foot cup, ‘eliminating the risk of a dirt trap’.
• updated decals – clear, easy-to-understand symbols for ‘in cycle’ and ‘cycle complete’
• a new ‘brilliant blue’ lid colour and silver moulded front panel – creating a fresh modern look.
• the rear water tank is now covered by stainless steel side panels – further strengthening the unit, enhancing aesthetics, and making cleaning easier.
DDC Dolphin Marketing and HR director, Zoe Allen, said: “Our new Panamatic Midi bedpan washer-disinfectors offer superior infection control. They’re also easier and more cost-effective to operate. The previous Panamatic Midi was state of the art – and now the new improvements raise the bar even higher.” She added: “And this is just the start…there will soon be further enhancements to our range of bedpan washer-disinfectors.”